MCA - Masters of Computer Applications
The programme is designed for graduate students for productive careers in software industry academia. The programme's thrust is on giving the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development. The programme emphasizes the application of software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications/networking and commercial problems..
Minimum Duration: 3 Years
Maximum Duration: 6 Years
Course Fee: Rs. 54,000/- for full programme to be paid semester wise @Rs. 9,000/- per semester. Non Maths students have to pay Rs.1,200/- additional in the first semester
Minimum Age: No bar
Maximum Age: No bar
Eligibility: Any Bachelor/s degree of minimum 3 (three) year duration from a recognized University AND Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or graduation level; else the student is required to pursue and pass the BCS12 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.
The University follows the 'Credit System' for MCA program. Each credit is worth 30 hours of student study time. Completion of the programme requires successful completion of both assignments and the Term End Examination of each course in the programme.
MCA Programme Structure
The programme has been divided into two semesters per year (January to June and July to December). Consequently, there will be two examinations every year - one in the month of June for the January to June semester courses and the other in December for the July to December semester courses.
Syllabus and Sample Question Papers
To get syllabus and question papers of each subject click here
How to Apply for admission in IGNOU
The prospectus and application form is available at all the regional centres of the university as well as at the head quarters. It is also available on the University's website www.ignou.ac.in Admission form can also be filled online
You can apply online
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc. You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2016-17 and read carefully the rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button "REGISTER YOURSELF" that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the "SUBMIT" button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the "LOGIN" button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card(Master/Visa)
- Net Banking
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- ATM Card (PNB)
Note: Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application form as per IGNOU Rules.